Explore The World Right Here In Little Rock With A Virtual Race
SERVPRO is looking forward to the virtual races that will occur in Little Rock!
Get Fit And See More Of The World At Any Time In Little Rock
Have you ever considered a half marathon, a marathon, or a 5K? Now is your chance to challenge yourself and become a medal winner, with a virtual race courtesy of The Best Races.
The Best Races offers innovative virtual races. You get allocated a country (which could be anywhere in the world) and will receive an online pack about your destination.
You will receive:
- A virtual fun pack with highlights and information about your country
- A commemorative postcard from your virtual location
- The chance to log your results online and even meet other runners through the virtual runners' pen pal program
The next race takes place at Big Dam Bridge on 5 December. You can choose any time between 10 AM and 10 PM.
Thankfully Big Dam Bridge is a safe site – however, there is always a flooding risk in local homes in the winter, from burst pipes or inclement weather. SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock is here for the local community. If you need water damage companies nearby, call us at (501) 803-9700.
Get Your Child Interested In Science With Regular Events In North Little Rock
It will be exciting to see the community at the Museum of Discovery in Little Rock!
Calling All Budding Scientists In North Little Rock
Are you looking for something fun and educational to keep your kids occupied as the weather turns colder? The Museum of Discovery in Little Rock has the perfect event for you. Bring your kids – and grown-up families too – to explore how science can help keep us healthy.
Science + You offers:
- An interactive laboratory.
- Space for children to learn all about science, health, and wellness.
- Hands-on exhibits to foster learning and curiosity.
Science + You was created by Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago, and the exhibit has traveled the world, encouraging young scientists and sharing a love of learning!
Sessions are free for under twelves, and $8 - $10 otherwise. The exhibit is open whenever the museum is open through the end of January 2021.
SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock is here to support local museums and historic sites during their winter season. We know that fire safety is a genuine concern for local exhibits. Anyone concerned about fire cleanup in a business or office can call us at (501) -803-9700.
Little Rock Has Hot Dry Summers – But Flood Removal Might Still Be Necessary
Regardless of the room affected, team SERVPRO can help with flood damage. Contact our team immediately after an event for services.
SERVPRO Is Here For Little Rock Residents Come Storms Or Sunshine
As the capital of Arkansas, Little Rock is a hive of activity. It has a population of over 193,000 people and is a popular site for tourists from all over the nation. Arkansas is packed full of cultural institutions and also offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor leisure.
But where did it all begin? Little Rock's early inhabitants include the Bluff Dwellers, the Mississippian Culture People, and the Folsom People. In 1722 a French explorer, Jean-Baptiste Bénard de la Harpe, came aground on the Arkansas River's south bank. He landed near a small rock formation which, legend has it, he named la Petite Roche – the Little Rock.
Little Rock has a humid subtropical climate with long, hot, dry summers. This makes it a favorite with outdoor enthusiasts. Although it has experienced temperatures as low as 12 degrees Fahrenheit, that was all the way back in 1899, and the winters are usually cool but not extreme, with very little snow.
Anyone looking for outdoor adventures will love Little Rock. No matter where you are in the city, you are never far away from nature. There are fifty city parks to choose from for something a little more sedate, while more adventurous types can hike the majestic Pinnacle State Park, The Rock Valley, or the Hot Springs Mountain. The Hot Springs trail includes Buckstaff Bathhouse, where hikers can bathe as if it was still the nineteenth century.
Closer to the city, cyclists can take in the breathtaking view of Big Dam Bridge, the longest cycling and pedestrian bridge in North America. The bridge stands ninety feet about the Arkansas River and is 4226 feet long.
Explore A Rich Subculture
When visitors are done with the great outdoors and need a change of pace, Arkansas is waiting with a wealth of culture to explore. Arkansas culture is a subculture of the Southern United States which draws inspiration from Native, African, and European cultures.
Part of the subculture of Arkansas is its famous food! The diet includes such local delights as okra, wild duck, apples, purple hull peas, and, of course, grits. The state is also known for its delicious barbecue tradition. Smoked meat was a staple for early settlers, and the traditional hog roast has been a big part of Arkansas's life for many years.
The culture of Arkansas has appeared in literature by well-known authors such as Maya Angelou and John Grisham. The state is also home to a varied musical tradition covering blues, jazz, country, rock, bluegrass, gospel, and more. Famous Arkansas musical exports include Conway Twitty, Glen Campbell, Evanescence, Kris Allen, and of course, Johnny Cash.
Visitors who want to learn more about Arkansas's fascinating subculture will be glad to know Little Rock boasts plenty of museums and historic sites. Some unmissable stops include:
- The Arkansas Arts Center. The idea that would become the Arkansas Arts Center began back in 1914 with the formation of a local fine arts group. As well as regular shows, the center holds a permanent collection of drawings by such well-known artists as Rembrandt, Edgar Degas, and Pablo Picasso.
- The Historic Arkansas Museum. The museum was opened in 1941 after a resident, Louise Loughborough, single-handedly campaigned to preserve some historic buildings on the site. These days the museum includes several historic buildings, including The Hinderliter Grog Shop, the oldest building in Little Rock (1827). It has artifacts on display and offers educational and multimedia experiences to immerse visitors in Arkansas history.
- The Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum. Visitors to the museum are sure to be delighted at the opportunity to explore authentic vessels from World War Two. Exhibits include a 90% operational submarine, the USS Razorback, which lets visitors experience submarine service for themselves.
- The Esse Purse Museum. This museum is one of only three purse museums in the world. The museum explores the art of the purse and examines their cultural and fashionable meanings throughout time. There are special exhibitions throughout the year and a purse store.
World Leaders Experienced The Power Of Arkansas Storms
In 2016, three world leaders experienced the awe of Arkansas weather for themselves. Former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair were in attendance at a graduation ceremony for the Presidential Leaders Scholarship Program. The Program, backed by three Presidential foundations, teaches candidates the skills of:
- Vision and Communication
- Decision Making
- Persuasion and Influence
- Strategic Partnerships
During the ceremony, winds of up to 68mph battered Little Rock, setting a new July wind speed record. The former world leaders took shelter in the lowest level of the building until the storm had passed.
When extreme weather like that happens, areas such as the basement or crawl space of a building are susceptible to flooding. It only takes a small gap or a damaged door to let floodwater in.
SERVPRO Takes Care Of Hard To Reach Places
Crawl spaces and other dark, damp areas such as unconverted basements or storage areas require special care when it comes to flood removal. Crawl spaces are prone to damp, which means:
- They are at a greater risk of mold growth.
- They have more risk of structural damage, such as rotting wood.
- They are more challenging to dry.
If left unattended, mold can quickly spread and create new colonies. Wood can rot away if damp problems persist. That is why it is essential to act fast when a crawl space floods.
SERVPRO trains its technicians to handle even tricky jobs, and they come equipped with free-standing and truck-mounted pumps to vacuum away flood water. We will also remove damaged drywall or insulation and oversee their replacement, and apply microbial remedies if needed to disinfect the area.
We carefully dry the crawl space using fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers. And because we monitor carefully at every stage, residents can rest assured their crawl space will be as dry as if the flood had not happened. Ask us about an encapsulation project.
Residents concerned about crawl space flood damage can rest assured that SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock is here for them. Call us at (501) 803-9700.
Celebrate the Season in Little Rock
SERVPRO is looking forward to seeing people participate in the Ugly Sweater Race!
Join the Little Rock Ugly Sweater Race
Do you have an ugly sweater? Would you like to support your local parks and recreation team? Participants can do both by participating in the Ugly Sweater race organized by the Little Rock Marathon team. The location is at the Outlets of Little Rock. The race is on the road around the outlets for a total of 5k.
Runners and walkers are asked to register in advance online. Details of the event are still being finalized. However, this year will combine an actual race with a virtual race. Participants will be given a disposable timing chip to record their race distance and time. Runners will be able to select their route and length as they run or walk the course. Organizers are mailing the following to registrants:
- Race shirt
- Race number
- Completion medal
- Timing chip
Have fun and support your local parks and recreation team.
SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock provides mold remediation in crawl spaces and restoration services to Little Rock residential, business customers, and the surrounding area. Call (501) 803-9700. We are available 24/7 to help with all mold remediation needs.
Can Mold Be Contained and Cleaned Up Inside a Production Facility?
We remediated this mold incident and can remediate the mold in your place of business.
Mold Removal Companies Like SERVPRO Have the Ability to Restore Your Little Rock Business with Proven Methods and Techniques
You count on day to day operations at your Little Rock production facility to go off without a hitch. Once you or one of your employees suspect a mold infestation, you must address it as soon as possible. As the symptom of some water or moisture issue, merely handling it with cleaning products or bleach only treats the surface problem. SERVPRO has skilled technicians on staff trained to handle mold mitigation and removal so that you can have peace of mind.
What Could Have Caused Mold to Grow Inside Our Facility?
Several issues call for the assistance of trusted mold removal companies in Little Rock, such as our crew at SERVPRO. Some of the more common reasons for mold development include:
- HVAC system drainage problems
- Leaking plumbing fixtures or water piping
- Excessive, consistent humidity
- Leaking windows or roofing
- Persistent condensation
- Improperly cleaned up flood damage
When our crew gets called out for mold remediation, we treat the root cause of the problem and the mold to ensure your commercial space interior is safe for all employees. We will:
- Moisture Source: Our team will carefully inspect the moisture source that brought on the mold growth.
- Mold Removal: We take the time to dispose of any contaminated materials, including carpeting, wood, and drywall.
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Deodorization: Using EPA-registered cleaning agents and antimicrobials, SERVPRO technicians clean, deodorize, and sanitize the affected area to help prevent future mold growth.
- Repair, Rebuild and Restore: We will take care of all of the rebuilding required to bring your business's impacted area to its original condition.
Due to the potential health effects that may arise, it is best to have mold removal companies handle the cleanup. If you suspect there is mold growing within your commercial space, SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock can be reached at (501) 803-9700.
What Can Little Rock Homeowners Do to Restore their Homes After a Fire Caused by Faulty Wiring?
It is essential to hire a reliable restoration company after a fire loss.
Property Owners can Talk to SERVPRO technicians in Little Rock to Handle the Fire Damage.
A fire of any size can cause costly secondary damage in a Little Rock home. If not restored on time, it can lead to permanent damage that can lower a property’s value. Therefore, it is essential to engage with reliable experts like SERVPRO technicians immediately after the unfortunate incident.
Can I handle the restoration myself?
To avoid more damage, you should hire professionals to clean the affected surfaces. Using home remedies to clean furniture, and carpets, among other surfaces, can increase the fire damage in your Little Rock property. Smoke and soot residues can sink further into surfaces, discoloration may occur, and odors may persist if you handle the restoration process without a professional.
However, you can help sort through valuable content by setting aside essential items until our restorers get to your property. Fragile items need to be restored fast. Therefore, separate items by priority.
How long does the restoration take?
The intensity of the fire loss determines the complexity of the restoration process and duration. Also, if the damage is ignored for an extended period, the restoration process can take longer. A small room fire can take a few days to restore compared to the entire property.
Do I have to vacate the property?
That depends on the extent of the destruction. You may need to find temporary accommodation if your property has:
• Sustained extensive damage
• Its structural stability is jeopardized
• No utilities are available
The other factors that can influence the decision to leave your home include sounds of the restoration work, and odors, among other concerns.
Can I turn on my air conditioner?
It is essential to wait until our technicians inspect and clean your HVAC system. The fire could have damaged the structure, and switching it on could cause more problems. The unit can pump smoke and soot residues back into your property. We have state-of-the-art equipment and tools that we use to clean HVAC systems. We can use a duct cleaning system that contains all the equipment and accessories necessary for cleaning HVAC units. It has brushes, air whips, and augers that help in removing soils from the HVAC unit.
Is the odor permanent?
Before we leave a property, we combat odors using our innovative techniques and equipment. Odors may persist in your property, depending on the items burned during the unfortunate incident. Our SERVPRO crew can use a ventilation box fan that generates high-velocity airflow to remove some odors. The air movement that the equipment generates removes fumes, vapor, and odors from the affected property.
It is essential to hire a reliable restoration company after a fire loss. Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock at (501) 803-9700 for effective restoration services. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
After a Fire in a Home, Why are Smoke Residues So Hard to Remove?
Smoke residues can overrun your home after a fire, so let SERVPRO handle the damage.
SERVPRO techs bring the equipment and cleaners to handle any type of post-fire cleanup in Little Rock homes
When SERVPRO techs tackle the fire and smoke damage residues left behind in Little Rock homes, it takes both experience and knowledge to avoid doing more harm to surfaces instead of cleaning them. The reason that soot can be difficult to remove is because of the following factors:
- Different types of residues can exist in the same work-site
- Residues bond with the surfaces they contact, sometimes requiring stout methods to remove such as the use of solvents
- Testing the smoke type shows the dry or wet cleaning that will best suit the removal type needed
Do Homeowners Need Fire Restoration After a Kitchen Fire With No Visible Smoke Residues?
- When a kitchen needs cleanup and fire restoration services in a Little Rock home, SERVPRO techs test the residues, and they can get divided into three distinct categories:
- Dry smoke gets created by high heat fires, and while it is easier to remove, the heat levels needed to incur it tend to leave behind more significant damage to the structure
- Wet smoke gets created primarily when articles containing plastic or rubber burn, and it leaves a thick, greasy residue that is hard to remove without the use of solvents
- Protein residues occur when something containing protein such as a chicken, turkey, or pot roast, for example, catches aflame and burns to release the oils as airborne vapor droplets. These get deposited on nearby surfaces and, while nearly invisible, are highly pungent
Before any of the residues can get removed, whether dry, wet, or protein-based, SERVPRO technicians scope the area and make a note of the types of damage left in the room and then they:
- Test the residues to determine the type
- Note the building materials or surfaces affected to ensure the correct removal methods get chosen
- There are three main ways to get rid of residues through pick up using dry cleaning sponges, vacuuming, and use of solvents to dissolve the grip on the surface
After the initial cleanup, SERVPRO technicians must carefully dispose of dry cleaning solvents carefully and avoid sewers or septic systems per regulations. The techs follow the rules and regulations during the cleanup to the letter to ensure they always work within the law during the restoration service.
Some surfaces require disposal because they have too much charring or residues deeply embedded to remain on-site. The techs carefully remove these articles and dispose of them. Sheetrock generally has a poor outcome after exposure to high heat or the water used to extinguish a fire. The techs only remove the minimum amount necessary, so whenever possible, they can save homeowners the cost of replacing a whole wall.
One unusual type of residue that occasionally occurs and requires a light hand to clean up is smoke webs. They look exactly like black cobwebs and are lightweight, and do not stick to surfaces. The techs use dry cleaning sponges to lift them away from ceilings in corners where they typically gather. When homeowners attempt to clean up smoke residues on their own, this is one of the types that sometimes they get the technique wrong and wind up grinding the soot into the walls. Worse, if they use liquid cleaning agents, it can result in the complete ruination of the wall or ceiling.
Once the cleanup efforts complete, the technicians turn their attention to the air quality in the home. Air scrubbers run through the process to capture airborne particulates. If the restoration services got limited to a smaller area inside the house, the techs routinely use containment. This action gets accomplished by using heavy gauge plastic over doorways and vents or negative air chambers.
In particular, the techs want to avoid soot traveling into the ductwork of the home. Once the services complete, as a final step, the techs can inspect the ductwork and determine if it requires mitigation for cross-contamination. SERVPRO technicians have vacuums and other equipment for cleaning out the ducts and leaving it without a trace of fire odors.
Because soot has the potential to be both skin and breathing irritant and bring pungent odors, the techs perform any needed odor control treatments to ensure the home is ready for any repairs that need to occur.
Reach SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock at (501) 803-9700 has the training and equipment to take on any size or type of fire restoration your property needs. The certified techs arrive quickly and work until the damage is, "Like it never even happened."
What are the Most Common Types of Commercial Water Damage?
SERVPRO works to provide Fast and Efficient Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration to Your Little Rock Commercial Property.
When water damages a Little Rock commercial structure, rely on the professionals from SERVPRO to mitigate the situation.
Even with regular inspections in your Little Rock property, a commercial water damage event can occur. Here are the top five most common reasons for a business to experience the need for restoration services due to water-related issues:
- A leak from a roof or around a window
- Fire suppression system malfunction
- Plumbing or supply line break
- Toilet backup
- Flooding from heavy rains
Does a Business Need to Close During Commercial Water Damage Repair?
SERVPRO technicians ascertain on a case-by-case basis if a business needs to close during commercial water damage repair in Little Rock. Even if the water extraction and drying needs were minimal, the danger of slip and fall accidents or the need to remove stock or business furniture for water removal purposes could make it difficult to conduct normal daily activities.
In situations where the water within the structure contains sewage or other harmful elements, the techs generally recommend closure of the building during the cleanup. This is because this type of water is not only hazardous to come into contact with; it can cause issues if it is aspirated. SERVPRO techs wear professional-quality protective gear that includes a respirator, so they do not breathe in biohazard materials. Air scrubbers or the creation of negative air chambers may be necessary to improve the air quality during the restoration services.
Afterward, the techs clean the structure with antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning agents to ensure that the surfaces get left sanitary and ready for safe reuse by both employees and clients.
When you need expedited commercial water damage repair, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock at (501) 803-9700. The trained, certified technicians are available 24/7 to take your call and perform any needed restoration services on your property to make the damage, "Like it never even happened."
Who Can I Call to Remove Floodwater in My Home?
Water damage can lead to structure damage. Sometimes we make flood cuts to ensure the structure dries throughly.
SERVPRO Has Powerful Extraction Tools to Handle Flood Damage, Including Removal of Contaminated Water Throughout Your Little Rock Home
Nobody ever expects to be ankle-deep in floodwater throughout their home. However, once a storm comes through, you need to have the ability to remove the water and moisture from your Little Rock interior. Failing to do so promptly leaves your home subject to secondary damage and exponential restoration costs. Enlist a reputable restoration team's services to address your floodwater damage to have prompt service and fair pricing. SERVPRO is always on call - 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and ensures rapid results to get back to your daily routine.
What Can Flooding Do to My Home?
Any flood damage in Little Rock can become very costly to fix as time goes on. The longer water and contaminants are left to fester, the more secondary damage can set in. If water began migrating throughout your entire first flood, it becomes imperative that you have not only quick extraction but also professional moisture detection to find any hidden pockets.
With our initial assessment of your home, we take a look at how floodwater moves through the different structural and building materials in that path. After knowing the severity of the spread, we can focus our attention on areas that need it most. In many situations where contaminated floodwater infiltrates a home, our crew has to perform controlled demolition. Different elements that we address include:
- Drywall –One of the more common materials that might be deemed unsalvageable in as little as 24 hours after initial exposure to standing water is drywall. Moisture wicks its way up the drywall, which can lead to warping or crumbling. Our crew can perform flood cuts several inches above the saturation portion and then replace it with all-new materials. The walls get finished off to bring them back to preloss condition.
- Floors –Various flooring types can become severely damaged when exposed to standing water for an extended period, such as vinyl, linoleum, carpeting, and hardwood. If your flooring shows signs of bloating, bubbling, cupping, or warping, the best course of action is to have it removed and replaced by our trusted contractors.
- Wood Trim –We often remove wood trim in situations where it becomes saturated with the threat of contaminated water. Should your drywall and insulation call for replacement in certain areas, we will more than likely need to replace the trim as well. Our crew can sometimes remove and replace the baseboards alone when the drywall is in good condition.
How Can I Tell if the Floodwater is Contaminated?
You and your family should stay clear of flooding within your Little Rock home as much as possible. If you can, block off the flood zone to not expose and help limit water migration into other rooms. You can shut doors and put blankets or towels down to keep the water at bay until we arrive. Once our crew is on the scene, we can perform sample testing to determine how contaminated the floodwater is. When water comes into your home from outdoors with storm floods, it tends to bring contaminants like:
- Fecal matter
- Silt and mud
- Fuel or chemicals
- Pathogenic organisms
- Vermin that may bite
- Random debris, and more
Once the water gets tested, we can treat the flood zone before beginning the cleanup process, which helps to keep hazardous droplets from becoming airborne as our team works on extraction and drying. After your interior is dry, we also have a broad range of professional-grade antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning agents to thoroughly sanitize all surfaces. Should there be any contamination concerns, SERVPRO can perform further testing to ensure all bacteria have been eliminated.
Why Should I Call SERVPRO When I Have Flood Issues?
Our team features technicians trained following the standards set forth by the Institution of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We are available seven days a week, around the clock, to get to work when you need us most. Some of the professional services that we have to offer our Little Rock customers include:
- Rapid arrival on-site and ready to work within hours of your call
- Trucks from our Green Fleet stocked with the latest equipment and cleaning agents
- Professional inspection and proven methods for restoration
- Help with your insurance claim
- Total drying and moisture detection techniques
- Certified SERVPRO Clean
With the water removal and assistance with flood damage that SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock offers, you can have your interior back to preloss condition faster than any DIY methods will allow. To have our team dispatched to your property, give us a call at (501) 803-9700.
Do I Need Professional Assistance After a Fire?
Our SERVPRO professionals are equipped with the tools and expertise to assist you with fire remediation in your Little Rock home.
SERVPRO Helps Restore Your Little Rock Home and Mitigate Further Damage.
Professional assistance following a fire at your Little Rock property is critical in mitigating further damage as quickly as possible. Professional help from the SERVPRO team also eases some of the inevitable stress you are feeling after a fire. SERVPRO uses project managers to see the restoration through from start to finish. We also have a crisis team available 24/7; We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What Does SERVPRO Do That I Cannot Do Myself?
SERVPRO Has Access to Professional High-Quality Equipment and Expert Knowledge
Fire dmage in your Little Rock home is not straight forward. Depending on the type of fire, visible damage may vary. For instance, a protein kitchen fire can result in a sticky film-like residue all over your kitchen. Protein fires require a different type of cleanup process than other kinds of fires. Professionals like our SERVPRO technicians can quickly identify the required cleaning techniques for your specific situation. Another major factor is removing the malodor caused by smoke traveling to all corners of your home.
What Deodorization Equipment Does SERVPRO Use?
- ULV Fogger (Wet Fogger): Uses cold fogging techniques; the fog comes in the form of small droplets that use low-pressure air stream to dissipate throughout your home.
- Thermal Fogger (Dry Fogger): Uses a heater to vaporize a deodorant solution that sprays in a fog.
- Ozone Generator: Produces ozone that penetrates and oxidizes odor. It requires extra precautions as concentrated ozone can be toxic.
What Safety Precautions Does SERVPRO Take During Deodorization?
- During fogging and ozone use, residents, pets, and plants need to leave the home.
- Technicians ensure proper ventilation for extended amounts of time (24hr plus) after fogging and ozone generator use.
- Technicians wear appropriate PPE while using the equipment.
For 24/7assistance after a fire, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock at (501) 803-9700.
See more about Little Rock.