What Causes Most Residential Fire Damage in Little Rock?
Most Fire Damage in Little Rock Results from Everyday Household Accidents.
When many of us think about the causes of house fires in Little Rock, we generally imagine extraordinary situations. The reality, however, often contradicts these envisioned sources of fire damage. Many times, residential fires are caused by everyday household mishaps.
SERVPRO, experts in Little Rock water & fire damage restorations, has encountered and effectively dealt with the effects of all types of house fires. In our experience, most of these fires are not caused by dramatic events like lightning strikes, wildfires, or arson. More often, they result from fairly common accidents that most of us have had or have almost had.
Some common mishaps that can lead to fire and smoke damage:
- Forgetting to turn off cooking appliances and electric devices like clothes irons
- Out of control grease fires that start while frying foods
- Falling asleep on a couch or in your bed with a lit cigarette
- Electrical shorts or exposed wiring that ignite nearby materials
- Overheating halogen lamps and other light sources that start fires
- Children playing with appliances, electrical devices, lighters, or matches
When remediating fire-damaged homes, our house fire clean-up and fire damage restoration technicians usually find that one or more of these situations has caused the blaze.
With all that said, if your home is ever damaged in a fire and you need help cleaning up the resulting fire damage, call your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of Little Rock. Our skilled and well-equipped professionals are ready for your call 24/7 at (501) 803-9700.