If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (501) 803-9700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Commercial Fire Damage In Your Little Rock

2/13/2020 (Permalink)

fire damaged commercial property SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock aids local institutions with service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.

Removing Commercial Fire Damage from a Little Rock Teachers' Lounge

Teachers work hard to educate students and bring communities together and deserve a well-earned lunch break during the day. However, this break can be cut short by a microwave mishap that spreads fire, soot, and odors. Not only are custodial products not equipped to address the fire damage, but residues left behind by burnt proteins can leave behind odors and residues that discolor surfaces.

If your Little Rock school has suffered fire damage due to an appliance mishap, IICRC-certified SERVPRO technicians are ready to bring you quality disaster mitigation techniques that restore your teachers' lounge to its pre-fire condition. SERVPRO technicians, staff, and franchise owners alike receive a thorough education in fire damage mitigation, cleanup, and restoration so that teachers can quickly have a space to relax on their lunch break once more.

Tips for Minimizing Microwave Fire Risk
    •    Avoid heating items not approved for use in microwaves. Hazardous materials include metal, foil, and twist ties. Microwaving metals can cause arcing, which can ignite a fire.
    •    Make sure the microwave is cleaned regularly to reduce fire risks and make sure it is unplugged during cleaning.
    •    Never try to dry or sterilize clothing, shoes, or blankets in a microwave, as a fire can start when you take them out.
    •    Avoid putting recycled paper products, including paper towels, in a microwave unless it is approved for microwave use, as these products have small metal flecks that can spark or start a fire.
    •    If a fire occurs in the microwave, turn it off immediately and unplug it if it is safe to do so. Do not open the door of the microwave until the fire has been suffocated.

How SERVPRO Removes Damage Fast
SERVPRO technicians can remove debris quickly after fire damage has occurred. For light soot deposits, dry cleaning methods such as Crumbly Cleaner and dry cleaning sponges may be used.

If nearby tables, counters, or cabinets are affected by charring, technicians can use baking soda as a gentle blast medium to remove charring and discoloration with deodorizing effects. To get rid of soot on nearby dishes, technicians can soak them in an alkaline detergent before hand-washing. Roto-pads or brushes can agitate, buff, or polish flooring to remove damage.

SERVPRO of Northwest Little Rock aids local institutions with service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (501) 803-9700 for cleanup that can start within hours.

For more about Little Rock click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts